Sunday, February 19, 2006

The Concert

I know it's been a little while since the concert. I apologize.
I had to learn a whole new genre of computer software to make this post. Renata went to the concert with her camcorder, and it's taken all this time to find the drivers for her equipment, a program to extract the video files, and a program to convert the files to .avi format. There are times that I dislike the information age...
I must also apologize for the audio; there's some sort of "hiss" during strumming that I think is resultant of the volume at which the guitar was recorded. If you're not paying attention to it, it goes away.
To watch the files, you'll need the Xvid codec for your media player. Just download it and install. If you have any problems, email me and I'll try to help you out. I put the lyrics to the songs in the previous 3 posts.
Major muito obrigados to Renata for recording the songs. letting me borrow her camcorder to extract them, and putting up with my emotional shrapnel while trying to get everything to work.

The concert itself was pretty fun. There was classical violin, lots of acoustic acts, a live band, another band made up entirely of family members (including the mom!), a gospel choir, etc... The couple who organized it last year weren't here to do it again, so it was a little off-the-cuff and lasted an extra half-hour. They gave me 12 minutes instead of the regular 10 because the songs ran a little over during rehearsal. As a result, I didn't get the opportunity for the gospel preamble I wanted. You'll hear the little I managed to pull off on the first song. Comments are appreciated; especially nice ones...haha! Enjoy.

1-Traces of the Fall
2-Dead Air
3-Forever Yours

3 Comments:

At 11:34 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I watched the videos, bro! I am highly impressed and I think that you did a great job! I have saved the videos on my sis's computer so I can let her and Kayla see them. Keep writing, my brother!

 
At 4:30 PM, Blogger DrastiContrast said...

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm glad you enjoyed the tunes. The next ones will not be in quite the same genre...

 
At 10:58 AM, Blogger DrastiContrast said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home