Saturday, February 04, 2006

Butterflies

Well,
I finished the first rehearsal today for a charity concert I'm playing in next Thursday. The 2 hour concert is for
Free the Children and will include a host of performers.
I'm pretty nervous about playing, actually. On a good day, I get about 15-30 minutes of practice, but that's half the week or less. I'll be playing either 2 or 3 original songs during my alloted time slot (10 minutes), some filler for the video presentations, and guitar for the theme song, which will finish the concert. All told, that's pretty close to my average practice time, which means my fingers will be throbbing during the last number. Of course, that doesn't include any practice they may ask for the day of, either, so I'm a little concerned.
My final worry is that I haven't played publicly in a while, and only 3 times in the last year; I don't want to screw up.
The originals are Christian songs, sometimes blatantly so. If it's possible, I would like to explain them a little bit to the audience and get a little gospel presentation in there. I don't know how they will react; although the concert is in Japan, there will be many westerners there, and I've noticed an increasing hostility to Jesus in "modern" western countries.
Please pray for me. This is an excellent opportunity to share the gospel with over 200 people. Pray that God gives me the courage to speak boldly, and the words to cut to their hearts. Also pray that the music goes smoothly; nothin' like jittery fingers to make a guitar sound awful and trip up a singer.
I'll try to post the lyrics to the songs I'm playing on the blog soon.
Thanks in advance for your prayers,
Bedtime...zzzzzz

4 Comments:

At 4:57 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm sure you will do great. I will continue to pray about your nerves and that the Lord would use you in a wonderful way!!

 
At 9:41 AM, Blogger DrastiContrast said...

Thanks for the prayers K&T,
concert`s in 2 more days...

 
At 11:13 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

It's Thursday morning here. I've been praying for you and will continue. Make sure to give us an update on what happened this evening!

 
At 11:57 AM, Blogger DrastiContrast said...

Follow-up is on the way. It will take some time and work to post it, though...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home