Saturday, January 21, 2006

Good News!


Well,
it's official; I'm getting married! I proposed to Renata tonight at the New York Grill; 52nd floor atop the Shinjuku Park Hyatt Hotel. It was the first snow of the year, and, by the end of the evening, we could see snow on everything below us. Live jazz music played in the background as we enjoyed New Zealand rack of lamb and Kobe beef (which was the most delicious steak I've ever had (more on that later)). I'll never forget this night.
Father God, thank You for this wonderful woman, whom I do not deserve. She is a Proverbs 31 woman, worth far more than gold or precious stones. Grant me the grace and wisdom to lead her as You have commanded. May my love for her always be a joyful labor and our life always an offering to You.
I thought I would provide a picture of this spectacular event. You can see a little of the Tokyo skyline in the background.
May God bless you and give you the desires of your heart as well!

8 Comments:

At 2:25 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I've been praying for you for a long time, my brother. I have even added Renata to my prayers when you first told me about her. I am so happy that the Lord has chosen to bless you in such a wonderful way. The two of you are always in my prayers!! Congrats again!!! :)

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger DrastiContrast said...

Thanks bre,
I hope and pray that things are going eharmoniously with you as well. Feel like traveling for a wedding?

 
At 10:57 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Give me details on the when and where and I'll see what I can do!!

 
At 6:09 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

That wouldn't happen to be Jasmine tea with syrup in it that I see in the picture? Hmmm.

 
At 5:55 PM, Blogger DrastiContrast said...

Thanks Kayla! It was fun meeting you and Trav at FD's (although that was WAY too much food). I hope we can come back and visit again...I really miss Augusta

 
At 12:39 AM, Blogger Noah D. said...

You go, boy! Thanks for finally emailing me after all this time. I apologize for letting it go so long too. I was reading your blogs backwards and was just now shocked to read that you are engaged! God is good. I will get back to you with a real email sometime soon. Dios te bendiga...cuz the netty ties are batty on the panny sty!

 
At 12:20 PM, Blogger DrastiContrast said...

Hey,
there you are!
How`re things south of the border?
Sorry, I just saw the comment. Do you have a blog?

 
At 12:21 PM, Blogger DrastiContrast said...

Hey,
I`m an idiot! I just saw your blog. I`ll try to shut up and not post anything else until I read it...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home